Western Health & Social Care Trust – Condition Management Programme
The Condition Management Programme (CMP) helps you manage your health condition to allow you to progress towards, move into and stay in employment. The programme is led by healthcare professionals, such as occupational therapists, physiotherapists and mental health nurses.
CMP provides support and advice to help clients manage conditions, including:
• Arthritic complaints
• Back and neck problems
• Chronic fatigue
• Heart, circulatory and respiratory disorders
The programme will help you to:
• Better understand your condition
• Improve your day to day functioning
• Increase your confidence
• Improve your prospects of returning to work or staying in work
It offers advice, education and support on:
• Dealing with stress, anxiety, low mood and depression
• Coping with pain and fatigue
• Relaxation techniques
• Communicating with confidence
• Developing a healthier lifestyle
• Exploring potential options that will help you progress towards employment or help you make a successful return to work
If the programme is suitable for you, healthcare professionals will give you an action plan to help you manage your condition. They will work with you and support you as the action plan is delivered.
The Condition Management Programme can last up to 12 weeks. Sessions are on a one-to-one basis, with the opportunity to go to group workshops.
Eligibility – You may be able to join the Condition Management Programme if you receive:
• Incapacity Benefit
• Income Support (based upon incapacity)
• Severe Disablement Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Jobseekers Allowance
• Universal Credit
Taking part in the Condition Management Programme is voluntary so it will not affect your benefits.
Condition Management Programme
Unit 13/14 Rath Mor Centre
T: 028 7137 6911